DUO VITA & ŽAN
Duo Vita & Žan was formed in summer 2015, after Vita Peterlin and Zan Trobas met at the University of Music and Performing Arts in Graz, Austria. When they were students there, they studied with world-renowned musicians Julian Arp and Janne Rättyä and coached with celebrated cellist Claudio Bohorquez. Just a few years later, they perform as soloists and chamber musicians throughout Europe, the USA, and Asia at venues like:
- Carnegie Hall (New York)
- Ishibashi Mamorial Hall (Tokyo)
- La Madeleine (Paris)
- International Music Competition Vienna - Grand Prize Virtuoso,
- ALBA - International Chamber Music Festival 2016 (Levico Terme in Toscolano Maderno),
- Estate Musicale del Conservatorio 2016 (Mantova),
- Internationale Musikwoche Großlobming,
- Festival Lent (Marburg),
- Festival Grobnik (Rijeka),
- Château de Bourgon (France),
- Salieri - Zinetti Competition Festival (Verona).
They perform a variegated repertoire including works from the Renaissance, Baroque, and Romantic periods in addition to tangos and contemporary pieces.
They absolutely love sharing their music with others, since music represents such a huge part of their lives. They see the act of performance as an opportunity to give a special gift to their audiences:
»The violoncello and accordion make an unusual but sonically ideal chamber duo. Though the gentle, soft sound of the violoncello contrasts with the colourful harmonies of the accordion, the nexus formed betwieen their sound worlds shines out as a connecting point of respect for art and love of music. Society's expectations can blind us into losing touch with reality. Music has a therapeutic effect: it calms us and brings us back to our roots. It inspires indescribable feelings. Present-day society needs sowers of love and peace and we appreciate every moment of being able to offer music as a sensual and intangible gift.«